Civil service job offer and pre-employment checks

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
wendy669
by wendy669 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:46 pm
Hi

I have been offered a job with the civil service.

The pre-employment checks ask if you are solvent or in an IVA.

My payments are update to date, but in the near future I will have to consider an IVA.

Do I state I am solvent and not in an IVA, or state I may become insolvent and enter an IVA?

Thank you.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:59 pm
At the moment you are solvent and not in an IVA. Once you are in the CS you are supposed to declare if you enter into insolvency --- how they react to this will depend upon your role.
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:13 pm
Hi Wendy,

As Foggy says you can only answer what you know to be correct at present so no need to speculate as to what might happen.

Just out of interest you say you are keeping up with payments but think you will need to consider an IVA in the future - as Foggy says doing so could have an impact on your new Job and it would certainly have a long term effect on things like your ability to obtain a Mortgage - maybe worth seeing what other options may be out there as well as an IVA.

All the best in whatever you decide to do though and with the job obviously.

Regards
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:35 pm
Depending on the department you are being offered a post in (and I am guessing DWP as I am aware of the large recruitment they are currently doing) I can give you sone reassurance that an IVA will not effect your job role - you will however have to declare it should an iva or bankruptcy be taken out - but it WON'T lose you the job - it may restrict you in any role that deals directly with finance issues - I am a CS for DWP so be assured.
wendy669
by wendy669 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:03 am
Thank you all for your responses.
They have been very helpful and I have declared on the pre checks that I am solvent.

The job offer is with MOJ.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:04 am
MOJ are under same rules as DWP so should not have any bearing. Good luck.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”