My ex-partner has applied for a pay day loan in my name without my knowledge

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
bev
by bev » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:33 pm
I have been in an IVA since January 2018. With a build up of debt and ex partner gambling problems, I could see no other option but to start an IVA. I believe it will be the best choice I ever make. However, I just realised this month that my ex-partner has applied for a pay day loan in my name. It has shown up on my credit profile. The money is getting paid back straight away, it was for £400. I don't know how he managed to do it and it has made me furious. I was worried that my IVA company would fail my IVA because of it. What do you suggest I do?
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:01 pm
Hi,

Firstly speak to the company and explain that it was not you who took out the loan and also speak to your IVA company and explain.

Report him to the police for fraud and also possibly, for deception.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:42 pm
Other than your Ex partner being a rat, you need to report the pay day loan company to the Financial Ombudsman as they clearly didn't carry out the regulatory and legal checks that they are required to do. Don't feel guilty doing this as it could end disastrously if your Ex fails on any payments. As suggested, also inform your IVA company, stipulating that the loan was without your consent or knowledge.
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:10 pm
Hi Bev,

Have to agree with everything Kallis said. Also make sure the Lender removes all trace of the loan from your Credit Reports as these days having taken these in the past will prevent some Lenders looking to lend to you in the future (on Mortgages in particular).

Best of luck.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:43 pm
Report him for fraud.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”