Blogs

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
recovering
by recovering » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:16 pm
Hi. I was toying with writing a blog but everytime I try to set it up it fails....
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:23 pm
I'll get admin to have look ........
recovering
by recovering » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:28 am
Well thanks to Foggy & Admin I managed to log in to blogs but could not work out how to start :D
I thought I would just put a few thoughts on here. I have 7 months left ( fingers crossed) I chose PJG after floating around here for a while before plucking up the courage to admit I was in a mess. Anxiety levels keeping me awake, The terror of letters from creditors hitting the mat every day, The huge sense of shame when having to go through all my debts. When my IVA was approved the sense of relief was palpable. Helped massively by Mel's team their understanding and flexibility was so helpful in those first years I was lucky enough to be able to take my holiday pay as cash for the first 3 years of my IVA plus being able to keep a pain suffering pay out. When I realised PJG were selling to Creditfix I felt like the world was closing in again. The communication was awful, as polite as the customer service staff are trying to insist I was not signing any thing that would change my t&c's was so stressful. My wages fluctuating every month meaning my IVA was running differently to most took a while for Creditfix to grasp. Then my place of work being sold to a massive company , An absolute bully being appointed above me after 14 years,
zero hours contracts being forced upon my staff on the takeover day. Having to fight for them behind the bully's back after being told if I wanted to continue working there I had to choose a side. The relief of finding something on the Bully after 3 months meaning he was dismissed....All the while with the pressure of getting through the IVA without having to tell anyone! I have been through 3 annual reviews with Creditfix all saying carry on as you are. I have to say it seems like they take the easiest path with me and maybe other PJG clients. I approached the equity release with massive trepidation, all the assumption a secured loan would be forced on me. I kept screenshots of Mel's stance on this in reserve but after having to go through the referral to Just Lending and refusing their offer I jut went online and screenshotted a couple of rejections. I couldn't face trying my own lender or actually going face to face with anyone. week or so later I had a letter of confirmation the extra year would kick in. PHEW!!! Co op bank have let me open a savings account during my IVA after initially saying no. It was 2 or 3 years into my IVA so I assume running my cashminder smoothly helped with that. I was been lucky that I found this forum before I made my choice of company. I have been lucky that Creditfix have not lived up to the expectations we all had when they ought out PJG. Mel was honestly a life changer for me. I know it was upsetting when we were sold but I refuse to think badly of someone who helped me so honestly and genuinely. I did actually email her when it happened just to say thank you and as usual she replied promptly and personally despite the vitriol she was getting. I do miss her contribution on here, Michael peoples has been an absolute star thoughout even though I was not one of his clients. Lisa has also become big contributor if I had to choose a company now it would for sure be one of them. Foggy Kallis luluj are such fantastic support and their knowledge and advice are invaluable...Thank you. There were others that 5 and a half years ago really helped but have left the forum since, sorry if I can't remember all the user names. At the moment time seems to have stood still :) I can see the light at the end but it doesn't seem to be getting any closer! I am trying not to imagine all the things I wish to do next year as it makes time go even slower! It has been great seeing all the posters finishing especially those who have managed to do it early. I hope have learned valuable lessons during the 5 going on 6 years but I have to say I am anxous about entering the " Real world " again!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:59 am
Great post and thank you for the kind words.
I tried to log into my blog just now and, although the log in goes through, the dashboard ( which usually shows your options) is blank !
I have mentioned this again to admin --- fingers crossed.
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:05 pm
Good read.

I've had issues just logging in and posting replies on the forum for the last couple of weeks as well.......
admin
Site Admin
Contact
by admin » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:52 pm
Hi Ryan,

There was a technical glitch because of which sometimes there were posting problems. If you are still facing any issues, please feel free to write back at: https://www.iva.co.uk/contact or reply to this thread. I will personally look into it.

Admin.

Ryan wrote:
Good read.

I've had issues just logging in and posting replies on the forum for the last couple of weeks as well.......
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:56 pm
Ah thanks, I thought maybe it was just me!

admin wrote:
Hi Ryan,

There was a technical glitch because of which sometimes there were posting problems. If you are still facing any issues, please feel free to write back at: https://www.iva.co.uk/contact or reply to this thread. I will personally look into it.

Admin.

Ryan wrote:
Good read.

recovering
by recovering » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:41 pm
Foggy wrote:
Great post and thank you for the kind words.
I tried to log into my blog just now and, although the log in goes through, the dashboard ( which usually shows your options) is blank !
I have mentioned this again to admin --- fingers crossed.

I am glad I wasn't being a dumba**Foggy!
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”