F&F... If I move abroad I am going to be unable to continue with the IVA...

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
bruno
by bruno » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:59 am
Hello,
I am in an IVA which has 3 year to run with payment of £100/Month. I am struggling to meet my outgoings and as a 59 years old man my prospect in the UK are not great. I have friends and family abroad who are willing to accommodate me for free so I might be planning to leave the UK soon and join them.
A family member is willing to give me £3600 as a gift on the condition that it is used to settle my IVA.This amount is the same as if I carry on making the monthly payments until the end of my IVA agreement.
Do you think this offer could be acceptable by my creditors as I am afraid that if I move abroad I am going to be unable to continue with the IVA..
Kind Regards
Bruno
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:52 am
Hi Bruno -- you are allowed to carry on with your IVA if you move abroad, but the full and final offer sounds a better way to deal with it. As long as the creditors are getting near to what they are expecting they usually look at these offers favourably --- after all they will be saving in administration costs and have the benefit of getting the money early.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.
bruno
by bruno » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:46 am
Thank you for your answer
Bruno
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”