Current default dates of my creditors do not correspond with IVA start date

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Gary.uk
by Gary.uk » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:14 pm
Hi, I have been making enquiries into getting a mortgage after an IVA. My last payment is 31/8/2017. I have spoken to Aperture that officially it could take upto 3 months after the IVA has ended before complete. The current default dates on some of my creditors do no correspond with my IVA start date should I contact them or will they resolve themselves? How would this impact on my efforts to obtain a mortgage immediately after my final payment? Should I wait?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:16 pm
You need to wait until your credit files clear up before going for a mortgage. Have a read here and also the last entries in my blog (link in sig. below) cover this:

https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:37 pm
Hi Gary,

All the creditors should have issued the defaults with the same date as the start date of the IVA. If they haven't best to contact them (ask for their Data Controller) and get the dates amended so that they will fall off the credit reports at the 6 year point. High Street Lenders don't generally accept Clients who still have defaults recorded against them so best to get them sorted. Also if you haven't already done so already it's best to check all 3 credit reports individually (Experian, Equifax and Callcredit/Noddle) rather than looking at something like Checkmyfile which only has access to limited information.

Regards
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:54 pm
You might find this useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV4RzUY4BRM

defaults should be backdated but will drop off after 6 years anyway once the IVA is closed.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:53 am
Also bear in mind that Aperture might take up to 6 months to close and issue your cc...
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”