I'm in arrears with my plan

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Lloyd.c
by Lloyd.c » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:22 am
I'm in arrears with my plan In Jan this year I got back into work I emailed for help in getting payments back on the go nearly two months later payments started leaving my bank account despite numerous emails. I've now got a letter in the post saying it was a proposal to my creditors. About my arrears which was dated 27th of June the meeting is scheduled for the 27th of July today is the 20th July I've only got 7 days till the meeting the letter doesn't show how much of the arrears are remaining or the fact that I asked to get payments back on track since January what can I do now the letter is asking for an extension of 8 months to be added to the iva plan what shall I do now
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:01 pm
I would assume that the 8 months is the number of missed payments and the variation for next week is asking creditors to, basically, forgive the arrears on condition they are made up at the end of the original term ( the 8 months). This seems to be a fair solution, if the creditors agree.

Might I ask who you are with --- you are entitled to complain about their lack of communication earlier in this matter ....... out of curiosity -- this letter was, as you say, dated 26th June (which seems correct as there is a month notice of meeting to be given) --- what date does the postmark bear?
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:43 am
Write to your IP and explain you don't understand and ask for a better explanation.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:38 am
Hopefully you can get this sorted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”