Update & credit report query

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Johng79
by Johng79 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:24 pm
Hi guys hope you are all well.

3 payments into my IVA nearly, and it's a culture shock I have to say. The old go to credit card for this and that strategy is now gone and takes some serious getting used to. Steep learning curve and slowly but surely the post is getting lighter and lighter.

Started noseying at my credit reports and am bit confused. On clear score at minute and it details some defaults this month (no specific dates), yet IVA was agreed 19may. Would it even be worthwhile to chase it up for amendment?

Also it indicates my wife has financial connection to me. We did have a joint account but was closed a while before IVA as we never used it. Should I query that, or is it a case that it stays on file until 6 years after we closed it?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:52 pm
It can take a while for the credit file and defaults to catch up --- I would leave it a year before messing with it. You can ask for the association to be removed and you will have to say why i.e. You no longer share that account nor have any other shared finances.

On the default front you say "no specific dates" ... are the accounts actually marked as "Defaulted" or are you calling late / missed payment markers defaults ( which they are not). A formal default will have a default date.
Johng79
by Johng79 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:01 pm
It states X amount of accounts have been closed in this month. Also mentions accounts defaulted, but I cannot see specific dates, only date they updated it which I assume is the date they register default.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:24 pm
I would not worry at the moment. Plenty of time to sort things out.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:29 am
You have at leats 6 years before your credit files can be repaired - I would stop looking at them until the end.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”