IVA completed in 2014, never received the completion certificate..

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
cj
by cj » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:29 am
Hi I entered into an IVA in 2009 completing it in 2014, my question is I am a serving police officer who at the time wasn't aware that I had to inform work, I am now getting vetted again and have to disclose the IVA, I never got the IVA completion certificate However have now requested it but due to never receiving the certificate my credit files and IVA register have never updated, I am now concerned that I may have done something wrong by not disclosing when I entered into the IVA and will loose my job.does anyone have any experience of this sort of situation.
Last edited by cj on Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:32 am
Hi,

You need to speak to your IP company and ask that they send a copy of your completion.

Have you checked the Insolvency Register to see if you are still on there?
cj
by cj » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:36 am
Hi thanks for the reply, I have checked the register which still shows the IVA I have also requested a completion certificate and asked to make a formal complaint.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:38 am
Hopefully the IVA did, in fact, complete. Did you ever get any correspondence from them regarding this ?
cj
by cj » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:49 am
Hi, I had communication with the IVA company towards the end asking for some extra payment that had been worked out from payslips, nothing after until I phoned the other day and they advised they didn't know why the completion certificate had been sent out and would post it straight out which doesn't really help the fact that I should have been removed from the insolvency register three months after completion.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:56 am
Various forces attitudes differ with regard to officers being in an IVA and disclosure. We do have serving officers in IVA's with no problems.

Playing "Devil's Advocate" : The fact that you were not removed from the Register when you expected to be will not, I fear, have any impact on your original non-disclosure should HR take exception.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:16 am
Make sure they send the CC to the register.

A coincidence that you didn't receive the CC and didn't come off the register either. It's almost as if it was never sent to either of you....
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:03 am
I worked for the police and had no problems. Didn't tell them to start off with but had few problems when they found out.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”