New iva company are now claiming that I am in breach of my contract

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
philip
by philip » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:31 pm
I was sent back in 2015 a letter stating that "good news for you" your creditors agreed to a mass variation that will now allow me to close your IVA and issue you with any relevant certificate if all the expected contributions have been made and as a goodwill gesture they issued me with a payment of £500, which I received. My original debt was £10,637 in 03.03.14, since then I have received PPI refund of £9,737 and made voluntary contributions of £2,940. Unfortunately the company handling my IVA since passed over to another company whom now are claiming that I am in breach of my contract, I did continue paying up to September 16. I'm now confused because my old company told me that my file would be closed, however when I tried calling for the certificate they did not answer and then I was contacted by this new company? Any Ideas?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:48 pm
First of all you need to contact the new company and ask for details of the alleged breach. Was your original company VN by any chance ?
redboxtree
by redboxtree » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:24 am
It sounds like the mass variation was linked to PPI.

You will need to challenge the new company asking for the necessary information to understand how they have arrived at this decision.

Given that this is almost a year down the line emphasise that they have failed to maintain the agreement in a way that creditors would expect given that they are paid to administer this process and any lack of communication has been from their side.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:53 am
The question is why do they say you have breached it?

There should be an explanation in the breach notice.

This is what you need to challenge, if its wrong.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”