High Court Enforcement officers on the door & creditors omitted bcoz admin error

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
hazel
by hazel » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:58 am
Hi I'm currently in an IVA only recently granted unfortunately there was an admin error and two of my creditors were not added to the paperwork and subsequently we have High Cout Enforcement officers on the door. Not nice they are very aggressive and unpleasant even though I've told them showed them paperwork that I'm in an IVA it's not good enough they need that creditor on the paperwork which is being do currently. I thought I was protected now in an IVA or am and they are just being nasty please help!!!!

Yours Kindly

Desperate
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:58 am
Hi,

Contact your IP again and get them to sort this asap.

Do they have a writ or are they normal debt collectors. If the latter you do not have to let them in and don't even have to answer the door. Just make sure all doors and windows are locked so no entry can be made.

If they are really aggressive, you can report them for harassment and I would certainly make a complaint to their company.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:10 am
Normal debt collectors are normally the aggressive variety as they have no real powers as long as you do not allow them entry. High Court Enforcement Officers tend to be more calm (unless you upset them) as they do have more legal clout and, generally, do not need frightening tactics. As Kallis says, do not even open the door to debt collectors and, if they become aggressive, call the police.

Anyway ..... As mentiond above, get the IP on the case asap .... if it was their admin error they should be pulling out all the stops to get this sorted.
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:19 am
Even if the creditor was not listed the debt may still be captured depending on the size of it. The other posters are correct but contact your IP directly as this may achieve a quicker and better outcome.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:55 am
They are still bound by the IVA. Stick to your guns and get your IP to write to the creditors informing them of the IVA asap.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”