First Direct have revisited claim of Feb 2013 & concluded that they owe me money

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
manmountain
by manmountain » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:11 pm
My IVA ended in 2012 but was extended for PPI investigations up to a further 12 month. My certificate of completion was issued May 2013. I have now received information from First Direct that they have revisited the claim from Feb 2013 and now concluded that they owe me money.
However I have had no letter from Clear Debt declaring that they have no further interest in the IVA or the PPI claims. We have also had information from Barclays that they tried to pay monies into my IVA PPI but got told by Cleardebt that the account is closed and that they have no further interest in that case but that has never been told to myself by cleardebt. Where do I stand as First Direct want proof of where to send the monies?
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:45 pm
I would ask them to send it to you - you can always try and get in touch with Cleardebt yourself just to make sure.
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:47 pm
You should chase Cleardebt for a response in writing that they have no further interest and send that to First Direct.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:46 pm
Michael Peoples wrote:
You should chase Cleardebt for a response in writing that they have no further interest and send that to First Direct.

Written proof of this would / could also be useful if any further refunds come out of the woodwork as they are constantly being re-visited.
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:00 pm
Ask them how you get hold of the money from Barclays whilst you are at it.

Best of luck
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”