I ca't understand one of the IVA condition

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
karen955
by karen955 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:52 am
hi I'm looking at my iva and one of the conditions I can't understand I can write it here if any one can help what it actually means
(if I fail to disclose exceptional income. the term of the arrangement may be extended by up to a maximum of 6 months to recover any sums due. without modification being required) what does this mean ?
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:37 am
You need to declare all additional income including bonuses, pay rises, windfalls, inheritence etc - your IP will then adjust your payments accordingly either as a one off or more permanent basis.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:46 am
As Luluj says, additional income has to be declared as it is earned and any share of this due to the IVA must be paid within 14 days. What this clause is saying is that, if you fail to pay a share in time it will be added to your payments and you will make extra payments at the end to catch up. Hopefully this will not arise.
Radish
by Radish » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:25 pm
I had a similar clause in my IVA - it stated that if my then partner (who was a house - Mum) was to find work - extra funds was to be paid into the IVA, the same if I took a lodger.. As this never happened - my IP rang me one day wanting to tag an extra 6 months onto the end of my IVA to make up for there possible payments (that never happened). I had to be firm I was not happy or prepared to do this, and they decided not to pursue it.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”