IVA query

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
33 posts Page 3 of 3
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:53 am
marvinmoomin77 wrote:
Foggy wrote:
Good Morning Marvin ..... yes, you are allowed a second (or more) IVA, so no worries on that score.

Regarding paying back as much as you can, whilst laudable, do set the disposable income at a sensible level from the start. A hair shirt and daily flogging gets tiresome after the first year or so and too tight a budget makes failure more likely. I, in my innocence, set out with much the same view, but, to be honest, given that time again, I might have taken BR.

BR is really not an option for me. I work in Public Sector and I also want a certain degree of confidentiality.

So did I (work in the Public Sector), but, of course you have your reasons and I respect them. I am not here to talk you into any route but to allow you a better informed decision. Regarding confidentiality: In both an IVA and BR your details will appear on the Insolvency Register, which is in the public domain, though most people aren't aware of it's existence, unless insolvent or in the industry. In BR you will also be listed in the online London Gazette. Rarely are bankruptcy hearings reported in the local press or posted on Court Bulletins these days, unless in the public interest or you are a "celebrity", but it is a possibility.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:58 am
I daresay insolvency, in one form or another, is probably very high in the Public Sector and my employment was, in itself, a strong contributing factor to my financial disaster --- or rather, government manipulation of my terms of employment and remuneration.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:22 am
[/quote]

That's my 2p worth ( I won't charge statutory interest :D )[/quote]

Ha Ha Foggy!
33 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”