1. Your liability was to the Bank, not your ex wife. She has become liable as the debt was joint and several.
2. I presume the Bank was included as a contingent creditor of your IVA
3. Your ex wife could have possibly lodged a claim as a subrogated creditor in the IVA once the repossession was taking place. Depending on her status at the time as your spouse her claim would probably have ranked below all the other unsecured creditors in any event.
4. The Bank could have done the same but I expect they did not as they pursued and received payment of the shortfall form your wife instead.
I'm sure one of the other experts will correct me if they think I am wrong.
Who is onlineUsers browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests
Ask the IVA Experts a QuestionSimply complete form and you will get an answer from our IVA Experts (multiple replies within an hour *)
* Any use of this forum is conditional on you having read and agreed to our terms and conditions.
* If you enter your phone number, Vincent Bond and Co Ltd will give you a courtesy call to ensure that your question has been answered.
* The question will be posted on our forum, we will email you the location