Do i have to get a estate agent to value my property?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
rae
by rae » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:36 pm
Hi this is my first time on your forum, I would be very grateful for some advice. I entered a IVA on April 2012 for 72 months. This wk i have received a letter from dfd telling me I have 14 days to provide them with my Mortgage statements of the last 6 months and secured loan redemption's statements. I can access the information they are asking for no problem.

At this stage do i have to get a estate agent to value my property ?

My property has equity but i very much doubt my bank will let me remortgage as they are one of the creditors i owe money too. I am stressing my self out with all the information I am reading.
My original debt was for £13,298.26. I am paying £100.00 a month . I have never missed a payment, I have also submitted all the PPI on the accounts I had, except for one which is running alongside my mortgage should i fall out of work, I have had Payment Protection Insurance on my mortgage from day, one It wasn't missold to me, I requested it the day my mortgage was in place , its a safety net as I am a single parent without this i simply wouldn't have been able to support mortgage payment when i fell out of work 5 years ago, luckily it was only for 5 months.

My Partner has offered to gift me £2000 which would cover the 72 months plus a year in lieu, I would be very grateful for any advice on how to approach the matter, I have tried to contact dfd but gave up after been
on hold for up an hour, would sending a email be better?

Kind Regards
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:20 pm
Your offer seems more than fair although DFD may still ask for a valuation. Given your payments to the IVA a remortgage sounds impossible as the increase would be capped at half your IVA payment so affordability wise it would not seem viable. Try a Zoopla/Mouseprice valuation or if DFD insist ask would they pay for one but email the offer and see how it goes.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:32 pm
As the offer is, effectively, admitting to there being equity I would think a valuation exercise would be a waste of time. Your offer sounds a fair one and I would email it direct to your IP.
rae
by rae » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:31 pm
Thank you Michael and Foggy for your quick reply, its been a long journey and I have learnt alot of lessons , never take your employment for granted, I was in a good paid job thought i was financially secure then in a blink of a eye it was gone..... Over the past few years I have learnt how to reduce my outgoings look for best deals.

I Account for ever penny, even though when i started the iva i had more funds, i.e child tax credits, child maintenance. when that all stopped I had to recalculate my finances.I never want to be in this situation again. If i want something save long and hard, do things the old fashioned way :D .

Kind Regards
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”