I need to start supporting my partner more with bills

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
claire752
by claire752 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:50 pm
I pay around £530 in debt which is around 35k. I need to start supporting my partner more with bills and the debt is just getting unaffordable I'm robbing Peter to pay Paul and to be honest I've shopped to make myself feel better! I don't want this Iva to effect his house or his credit as the house we live in is in his name and he is financially ok! I've had a rubbish past and want to keep it separate! I'm just so confused on what to do! I also work for a bank in mortgage verification and need to know if it will effect my job!! Just scared!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:54 pm
As long as you have no joint finances his credit rating will not be affected. As for the house, a few firms will try to claim you have an equitable interest if you live together, others will not. How the IVA might affect your job is a matter for your employers to divulge, maybe an anonymous call to HR can enlighten you.

Have a chat with several companies to see who you feel best working with, and will suit your individual needs best.
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:04 pm
Your partner and his property should not be involved and you would not be the first person in banking to enter an IVA. I agree with Foggy that HR would be a good start or even a call to the union and get some free advice from an insolvency firm.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:26 pm
Once you have clarified your concerns about employment with HR or the union or via staff handbook/contract etc then consider all options. Bankruptcy may well be an option for you, which may actually be more suitable than an IVA depending on your circumstances.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”