Vanquis Credit Card

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
sosilly
by sosilly » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:51 am
Hi

I am currently in an IVA and I am going abroad with work early September and the hotel requires a security deposit of $100 per night and I am there for 4 nights so $400 dollars will be required as a security deposit. I do not hold a company credit card so I would be required to use my debit card but would mean
having the spare funds in my account to do so which is going to be difficult for me as it also takes time for the funds to be released back to your bank account after check out.

The easiest option and what most people do is put this on a credit card but as I do not have one due to being in an IVA I wondered if it would be ok for me to apply for a Vanquis credit card, The credit limit is low and it is just basically required for this purpose.

I know I would have to have agreement of my IP which I am more than happy to ask for and explain the reason why but I wondered if anyone else had this same issue and was it approved etv

Many thanks
sosilly
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:05 pm
There is a good chance that a Vanquis would be refused, although I have seen them issued to those in IVA's. Could you possibly borrow, say £500 from friends or relatives and load them onto a prepaid card ? Or, dependimg upon the timing in relation to your regualr payments ( and, of course, their amount) could you ask for a payment break to allow those payments to be loaded, again, onto a prepaid card and then caught up by paying them back to the IVA on your return ?
sosilly
by sosilly » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:54 pm
Thank you foggy, that's helpful.

That's a good idea as to be honest I don't want a credit card, my credit card days are well and truly over so a way round the credit card route would be appreciated.

I could also ask my IP if I could delay Septembers payment so instead of it being took on the 1st of the month if It could be taken towards the end of the month when I am back from the trip and the funds released back into my account.

sosilly
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:45 pm
Sounds like an idea - hopefully they will agree.
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:41 am
You can get credit up to £500 without consent of the supervisor but it would be better to have their approval. If Vanquis then asked your IP about the credit card application your IP could sanction this but in reality they would be likely to reject.

Foggy's idea about a payment suspension is a good one and your IP should easily suspend the next payment and then take double the month after so a quick call to them will put your mind at ease.
sosilly
by sosilly » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:12 pm
Thanks Michael

I would prefer to go down the payment suspension route if at all possible.

I'll contact them and ask.

Many thanks
sosilly
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”