Can you apply for funding university, tuition fees etc whilst on an IVA?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Sazzybo46
by Sazzybo46 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:40 am
Hi,
We are just waiting on our creditors meeting to hopefully agree our IVA.....
However I wanted to know can you apply for funding still for university for tuition fees etc whilst on an IVA?
I work part time but am at the top earning potential for my level of qualification and I would like to go to uni part time whilst I'm not at work. Is this a complete no go? Or is this depending on each individual IP? I wouldn't finish uni for 6 years and it wont affect my income or payments to the debt. I've been googling and its all conflicting info!
Thanks in Advance.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:29 am
As far as I am aware this should be OK --- any repayable funding doesn't fall for repayment until after you complete the courses ( and usually not for some time after) so would not affect the IVA or current creditors. Always a good idea to run it by your IP out of courtesy and in case he / she has other opinions.
Hopefully an Industry Expert will give us a better answer on Monday, if not before.
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:00 pm
What you are suggesting is not uncommon and generally permission is granted for the borrowings. Just make sure your IP does not then try and take extra payments due to the increased income which has specific purposes.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:33 pm
My friend applied a few months back and was credit checked ...her iva showed up but it was still approved as it was an educational loan and future repayment post iva
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”