Crazy circle

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Jeffbubs
by Jeffbubs » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:26 am
The thing that is confusing I bet that 99% of us who had to join the IVA scheme was because we could not control our credit card usage like me then get loans to pay off cards then still use the cards ...
Then after completing your IVA the way anyone is advised to better their credit rating is by getting a credit card ... wow
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:43 am
I know it sounds perverse -- but I would say that 99% of us, having been through an IVA, come out rehabilitated and able (maybe through fear of the reality) to handle credit --- we are reconnected with real, cash, money, rather than magic plastic. The lenders want to see this demonstrated -- but it is down to us to remain strong.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:47 am
As long as you use a card sensibly it can help - use it for fuel for example, and pay it off immediately. As long as your bank and/or mobile phone accounts are ok it will all help.
Imhotep
by Imhotep » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:16 pm
Get a card but use it sensibly. Just to improve credit ratings.

After budgeting for several years it should be second nature now.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:19 pm
One thing an IVA teaches you is how to budget and how to manage money. I have a Credit card, with a very healthy limit, but I have never used it because I couldn't afford what I was placing on it. I know I have to pay it off at each payment date and do so with rigid reinforcement that I have no intention of going through life hating the postman for bringing me bills and red letters.
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:56 am
It is much more unlikely for someone who has been in an IVA to propose another one than for someone to do so first time around. People learn from their mistakes and are actually a better risk going forward than someone who has never been in an IVA.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”