Who informs the insolvency service that the IVA is terminated and not current?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
ian440
by ian440 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:28 pm
I have completed my IVA ( started 12/7/2011 ) and have the Certificate of Completion dated 22/8/17
Who informs the insolvency service that the IVA is terminated and not current?
I would like to understand how quickly the status changes from current to completed, the sooner the status changes the sooner I am removed from the search.
The footnote to my case on the Insolvency Service website is ..."Individual Voluntary Arrangements will remain visible while they are Current, and for a period of 3 months after the receipt of notice of the revocation order, full implementation or termination of the agreement"
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:35 pm
Your IP should inform the Insolvency Service at the same time he issues the certificate of completion to you, at which time the IS will mark the IVA "completed" on the Register -- it will then take up to three months to disappear from the Register. The change in entries is, I am afraid, dictated by the workload at the IS as well as how smartly your IP sends a copy of the completion certificate to them. I would check the Register daily and, if nothing changes within, say, two weeks, use the "contact us" facility to speak to them about it.

Also, for general info, have a read here:

https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:49 am
if you completed successfully then it would not have been 'terminated'

It sounds as if you need to send your CC to the regsiter as for whatever reason you haven't come off it yet.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”