Me and my Girlfriend want to move to a new rental property

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
jake207
by jake207 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:30 pm
Me and my Girlfriend want to move to a new rental property, she has said she will pay the extra rent and the amount I pay will stay the same as in our current tenancy agreement. Please can you tell me how this will affect my IVA and how should I notify them. Thanks
Jake
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:35 pm
Simply tell them of the change of address and that the rent you will be paying will remain the same.
jake207
by jake207 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:57 pm
Foggy wrote:
Simply tell them of the change of address and that the rent you will be paying will remain the same.

Thanks for the advice, another question- when it comes time for the annual review the creditors will see that the rent is higher, will this not affect the agreement with the creditors even if me and my girlfriend have agreed that she pays more of the rent? Basically thoroughly do they delve into personal finances once the IVA has been set up?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:07 pm
Once the IVA is up and running, they tend not to be so picky unless you are seeking to increase your allowances, which you are not. In my case ( which might not be typical) my IP only wanted to see evidence of my rent at the start -- although the rent increased a little at each review, they just took my word for it.
jake207
by jake207 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:17 pm
Foggy wrote:
Once the IVA is up and running, they tend not to be so picky unless you are seeking to increase your allowances, which you are not. In my case ( which might not be typical) my IP only wanted to see evidence of my rent at the start -- although the rent increased a little at each review, they just took my word for it.

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:51 am
The new tenancy agreement may have to be in your g/f's name too as your credit rating might affect the landlord's decision to rent the property to you.
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:52 am
I agree with Foggy. Give the IP the new address and explain your girlfriend is paying the extra. Come the annual review time this can also be explained and creditors will have no issue either.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”