Can I get a copy of my IVA completion certificate? Completed 12 years ago

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
matthew731
by matthew731 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:06 pm
Can I get a copy of my IVA completion certificate, this was completed at least 12 years ago. Neville Eckley based in Cambridge where the company who dealt with it all.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:09 pm
Probably not -- I doubt that companies retain records for that long. Might I ask why you need it ?
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:59 pm
If they are still in business you could try but like foggy says there records that far back may not exist.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:18 am
They may still have a digital copy on their server - we still keep all our digital records.
matthew731
by matthew731 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:02 am
Foggy wrote:
Probably not -- I doubt that companies retain records for that long. Might I ask why you need it ?

Hi, I have been asked for it from a mortgage application, but they don't seem to be in business anymore, is there not some sort of central database???
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:13 am
It seems strange that a mortgage company would request something so old unless your name is still showing on the IVA register. Have you checked?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:15 am
matthew731 wrote:
Foggy wrote:

Hi, I have been asked for it from a mortgage application, but they don't seem to be in business anymore, is there not some sort of central database???

IVAs are entered onto the Insolvency Register with the Insolvency Service and the IS are provided with a copy of the completion certificate in order to get the entry removed -- they might keep copies -- worth an ask.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:16 am
Also .. back in the day, IVAs were ratified in the local County Court ---- they might have records.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:57 pm
Why would they be asking for this so far down the line...?!
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:57 pm
If you can't get around it try another mortgage broker...! Ryan or Shaun on the forum can no doubt help.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:36 pm
I agree you should speak to Shaun or Ryan - they can hopefully help you.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”