I have an active IVA, as well as a CCJ

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
59 posts Page 2 of 4
Faye 123
by Faye 123 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:27 am
Perhaps she did - I owed her 5,300. Anyway, I am very pleased that the CCJ doesn't appear to come up in my credit file and I have my fingers and toes crossed that the full and final payment will be accepted. Although I am prepared that this will be a very slow process.

After the IVA is paid off, I was planning to get a capital one type credit card to increase my credit rating. Is this wise?
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:53 am
Good luck with the full and final and when you get your certificate you could get a new card. Try and pay it off each month and this should be a help towards rebuilding your credit file.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:57 am
If you do go for a card, make sure you do a 'soft search' first. Most companies do them and it will not impact on your rating. You will be able to see if you are likely to be accepted or not.
Faye 123
by Faye 123 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:17 pm
Thank you very much for all of your advice. I will keep you posted on the full and final payment xx
Faye 123
by Faye 123 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:42 pm
So I have just finished the annual review this morning and have sent the letters regarding the F&F payment. They will send me some forms to sign and send back and will then call the meeting.

I will let you know of the meeting date as soon as I hear back from PayPlan but I am feeling very happy today. I am one step closer to the end goal :D
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:13 pm
Fingers crossed!!
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:08 am
I would email your IP and ask categorically why the landlord debt appears to have been excluded from the IVA.
Faye 123
by Faye 123 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:46 pm
Me again... Please excuse this message if it doesn't quite make sense as I have just come off the phone to PayPlan and I am feeling fobbed off.

I had called to find out if the annual review I had signed and returned was different from the 'circular' I have been waiting on, it is, apparently. I then asked when I would receive the circular (please correct me if I have the name for that wrong) and was told it can take three months to call the meeting. They couldn't tell me three months from when and were quite dismissive when I asked for a timeline to be emailed across.

They say they have all they need but I have now been passed to the variation team so they may need further documents. It is 21 days to call a meeting ONCE the variation team have sent the circular and have the documentation they may or may not require.

Forgive me but this seems like a massive fob off. They have strict deadlines in place for most things but no timeline available at all for a full and final as they handle a lot of cases. Without getting ahead of myself, I am sure somewhere along the line I am paying a small fee for this service (again, please correct me if I am not) and expect it to be run like a proper organisation with documented procedures?

Sorry for the rant and I am not expecting things to happen instantly but a timeline surely isn't too much to ask. I just feel like a big pain in their neck when I am just asking some simple questions....
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:29 am
If you have put forward a variation offer and given the IP all the info they require they have 21 days to call the meeting, giving 14 days notice to creditors.

This means the meeting should have been held and results know (barring any adjournment) within 5 weeks of you giving them everything they needed.
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:31 am
Lisa is totally correct as are you. The monthly payment includes a fee and you are the customer who pays the wages of the IP and the staff. Send an email directly to the IP requesting the meeting is called in line with the terms and conditions. Do not be fobbed off.
Faye 123
by Faye 123 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:36 pm
Thanks, I think I may contact the two named practitioners then. Do you think this may rub PayPlan up the wrong way? I don't want to do anything that may be detrimental to full and final outcome.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:39 am
No, it won't. It's your IVA and they have a duty of care to carry out your instructions - hopefully you can get this sorted this week.
Faye 123
by Faye 123 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:20 am
Morning all,

No luck again having spoken with PP again this morning so will have to email the named IPs. PP say they are busy and have lots of cases so it will definitely be a 4/5month process.

Annoying but at this point it doesn't seem as though they are willing to budge on that.

They seem quite annoyed with me so j sure about emailing the IPs but in my job I would never tell a customer that I am busy so effectively they will just have to wait?! :roll:
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:26 am
Faye 123 wrote:
Morning all,

No luck again having spoken with PP again this morning so will have to email the named IPs. PP say they are busy and have lots of cases so it will definitely be a 4/5month process.

Annoying but at this point it doesn't seem as though they are willing to budge on that.

They seem quite annoyed with me so j sure about emailing the IPs but in my job I would never tell a customer that I am busy so effectively they will just have to wait?! :roll:

I am afraid PP seem to have that attitude for several reasons: The staff are disenfranchised (re-structuring and mention of big job losses) added to which they don't have to worry about reputation as they get fed leads from the creditors themselves as well as funding.
Faye 123
by Faye 123 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:33 am
Ah well, I snagged one piece of great advice from this site - I stated that any payments made from the date of offer will be deducted from the full and final.

Perhaps I won't email the IPs and will let it run its course.

Thanks foggy
59 posts Page 2 of 4
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”