Completed!!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Rob1712
by Rob1712 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:47 pm
Dear all.
I have finally completed my IVA after 6 gruelling years. Last payment 28th July, completion certificate today!!
I don't know if there are any reps from Freeman Jones on this forum (my IVA provider), but I would just like to publicly state how fantastic they have been. The communication has been excellent, their RMs are so friendly and approachable and knowledgable and they have really been a pleasure to work with. I can recommend them unreservedly.
Can I also thank everyone on this forum who have made my journey more bearable.
One question ... my car is on way out. Now I have my CC can I start looking for car credit as this is really now a necessity for me for work?
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:42 am
Well done on finishing - check your credit record to make sure it is off there and also it may still be on the Insolvency Service register as it can take up to 3 months to disappear. Be wary of making too many credit applications as it looks bad.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:19 am
Congratulations and well done to Freeman Jones for such a speedy conclusion --- a lesson that it can be done.

As you were in your arrangement for 6 years things should start clearing relatively quickly now -- it would be best to wait until your files are clear and you are off the Register before applying for a car loan. Try to hang in there !

Have a read here about credit clean up and also have a look at my last blog entries about my experience (link in signature below):

https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:53 am
Congrats and good luck in your debt free future.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:24 pm
Great news and now you are free to move forwards. Like others have said don't overdo the credit applications as it won'y help your credit check
LeahD1985
by LeahD1985 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:51 pm
Rob1712 wrote:
Dear all.
I have finally completed my IVA after 6 gruelling years. Last payment 28th July, completion certificate today!!
I don't know if there are any reps from Freeman Jones on this forum (my IVA provider), but I would just like to publicly state how fantastic they have been. The communication has been excellent, their RMs are so friendly and approachable and knowledgable and they have really been a pleasure to work with. I can recommend them unreservedly.
Can I also thank everyone on this forum who have made my journey more bearable.
One question ... my car is on way out. Now I have my CC can I start looking for car credit as this is really now a necessity for me for work?

Hi rob, I am also with freeman jones and made my last payment last week. But today I have receieved a letter saying they have extended the agreement for 6 months to complete the administration of the agreement. Did you get one of these letters ?
Rob1712
by Rob1712 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:09 am
Yes, I did. It's perfectly normal and gives them an appropriate time scale to complete, although my was very quick. I have nothing but praise for FJ. They have been brilliant. Hope you had a similar experience?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:02 pm
Rob1712 wrote:
Yes, I did. It's perfectly normal and gives them an appropriate time scale to complete, although my was very quick. I have nothing but praise for FJ. They have been brilliant. Hope you had a similar experience?

Rob -- out of interest, did your proposal have the usual six months admin time already built in? Most proposals have an "arrangement duration " of 66 months (60 payments plus 6 months admin).
LeahD1985
by LeahD1985 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:45 pm
Rob1712 wrote:

Oh that puts my mind at rest now. Thank you. My iva has been very straight forward. Never missed a payment or had a payment break etc. Never had any problems. But I've been dreading this month for years. I had a 6 year iva and have always thought that something would go wrong and it would never end. So when my last payment went out on Tuesday I called them Wednesday to make sure everything was ok and make sure I didn't owe them anything else and when to expect the certificate... and then Saturday got that letter saying they were extending the agreement for 6 months I was in tears. I thought it meant I had to carry on paying for another 6 months and sending wageslips etc. The letter was only a couple of sentences and I didn't know what it meant. Thank god for this forum. How long was it before you got the certificate then after you got the extension notice letter ?
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”