Can I enter into IVA again after one failed IVA?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
martyn287
by martyn287 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:49 am
I had an IVA in 2014 only lasted 2 years it failed due to personal circumstances. Now i was wondering if i could re enter into one again as my circumstances are better now.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:38 am
Hi,

No reason why not - give a couple of companies a call, you will have to explain to them exactly why it failed. Vincent Bond are a good firm for initial contact
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:22 am
As Kallis says, there is no reason why not -- but, as she mentions, you will have to explain why the last one failed and what you have done to rectify that situation so that it doesn't happen again.

I would also suggest approaching a small / medium firm, who will listen and treat you as an individual, rather than the "IVA factories", where you are pretty much unsupported and on your own through the term.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:15 pm
There have been, probs still are, members on here who for one reason or another re entered an IVA after it failed. I am hope you find the right company and given the opportunity to move forward out of debt and all the stress that it brings with it. Good Luck.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:44 am
Make sure it is the right choice for you - as there may be more suitable options, depending on your circumstances, such as Bankruptcy or a Debt Relief Order etc.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:09 am
A good IP will point you in the right direction.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”