New to this...

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Kaybee
by Kaybee » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:00 pm
Hi everyone

My IVA proposal was accepted on 4/9 with my first payment due on 1/10. During the period the IVA will run my car agreement will come up for renewal. What are people's experiences with dealing with the balloon payment at the end or replacing the car? Really can't do without it lol

Karen
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:18 pm
Hi. Your IP should have discussed this with you. You are very unlikely to be able to finance the balloon payment or to lease a new vehicle. Most of us make do with "eBay Specials" until we come out the other side. Alternatively see if a friend or relative can finance a replacement for you.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:19 pm
Renewing cars has been a well versed topic for some time. I was told by my IP, no issues in renewing your PCP during IVA. Which would have been true had every finance house in Christendom not ushered away my applications like I had the plague. I wasn't lied to but was also not told the whole truth.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:33 pm
MerlinL14 wrote:
Renewing cars has been a well versed topic for some time. I was told by my IP, no issues in renewing your PCP during IVA. Which would have been true had every finance house in Christendom not ushered away my applications like I had the plague. I wasn't lied to but was also not told the whole truth.

Don't think I have seen one renewed yet.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:09 pm
I've not seen one either.
Kaybee
by Kaybee » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:46 pm
MerlinL14 wrote:

That's what I was told too :shock: :shock:
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:09 pm
Seems some IPs do not live in the real world -- or appreciate the difficulties an IVA brings with it.
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:14 am
The best option is an interest free loan from a family member if this is at all possible. The IP can sanction repayment of the loan at the existing amount until the loan has been repaid.
ANNED
by ANNED » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:03 pm
Foggy wrote:
Hi. Your IP should have discussed this with you. You are very unlikely to be able to finance the balloon payment or to lease a new vehicle. Most of us make do with "eBay Specials" until we come out the other side. Alternatively see if a friend or relative can finance a replacement for you.

Hey foggy just reading this my car is in the same position I've 2 more years of payments then a final payment but I was going to carry on the payments for another 2 years so the car is mine can I not do this if I'm on iva I thought I could ??
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:06 pm
Hi,

Depends on what is in your agreement. You may need to speak to your IP.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:39 pm
ANNED wrote:
Foggy wrote:

Hey foggy just reading this my car is in the same position I've 2 more years of payments then a final payment but I was going to carry on the payments for another 2 years so the car is mine can I not do this if I'm on iva I thought I could ??

I doubt that the car company will allow you to do this anyway -- if they did agree you would also have to get the approval of your IP.
ANNED
by ANNED » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:43 pm
Foggy wrote:
ANNED wrote:
Foggy wrote:

I doubt that the car company will allow you to do this anyway -- if they did agree you would also have to get the approval of your IP.

I have told the ip about this and he said it was ok to do that but I'm scared now cause you all say it's not
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:46 pm
We don't say no - it's just that car finance firm may not agree to it.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:11 pm
If the IP agrees ( get it in writing) and the finance firm does too then all systems go.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:26 am
Important to get IP approval in writing to support your application with the car lease company - it msy help to support a positive decision
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”