If my husband gets a mortgage do I have to tell the IVA people about it?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
nadia499
by nadia499 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:26 pm
Hi I have gone into an IVA on my own. All the paper work is in my name and all the debts are I are in my name. I am paying them monthly installments . My IVA has just started and I am on rent.. Me and my husband share the rent money to pay our rent.. My husband wants to get a mortgage in his name. Will my IVA advisors say that my husband can't get a mortgage for any reason as his name is not in my IVA.. And if my husband gets a mortgage do I have to tell the IVA people about it. As he is not included in my IVA. Can you please help put my mind at rest and give me some information that will my husband be able to do so without my IVA affecting him.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:30 pm
Your husbands financial matters are his to administer as he wishes. As to your obligation with regard to the rent you declare I honestly don't have an answer.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:30 pm
He is free to get a mortgage in his own name as the whole debt and the repayments will be his alone. The ownership of the property would also need to be in his name only. You will need to advise your IP of any resulting change of address.
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:26 am
Hi Nadia,

With regards to the Mortgage - if you are married many Lenders now will only consider lending when both parties are named on the Mortgage so obviously bear this is mind. We do have access to High Street Lenders who would look to lend in just one parties name.

Regards
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:20 pm
Tread carefully and ensure there are no financial links between you and your husband - take professional advice and hopefully it will work out for you
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”