Extra hours offered

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Oya
by Oya » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:39 pm
Hello all.. its been a while I haven't post anything but always check on and visit the forum nearly everyday.
My Iva working perfectly, done my 5. Payment recently and so far so good.
I have been offered extra 10 hours a month and I want to make sure if I accepted it will be on my benefit.
I have been reading that any pay rise I have to pay half of it. My question is, is it a regular Procedure or is it up to my firm and IP to decide whether all rise should be paid into my Iva or just half of it?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:09 pm
The usual clauses about pay rises are that the whole rise is yours until the next annual review. After the review your IVA payment will increase by half of the increase in pay. Some arrangements will increase the payment right away -- but, again, they should only take half of the increase. Your IP must do whatever has been agreed in your proposal and Chairman's Report.
Oya
by Oya » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:31 pm
Thank you for your reply Foggy.. :)
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:08 am
The question would be whether the extra hours were deemed to be overtime, bonus, commission or similar. If that was the case you would keep anything that did not increase your usual net pay by more than 10% and divide the rest with the IVA. If it were to be deemed a payrise then it should not be an issue as Foggy says until the annual review but to be sure I would suggest you contact the IP. Do a new I&E to allow for any extra travel, meals at work, childcare, loss of tax credits etc and you may not be much better off anyway.
Oya
by Oya » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:31 pm
Michael Peoples wrote:
The question would be whether the extra hours were deemed to be overtime, bonus, commission or similar. If that was the case you would keep anything that did not increase your usual net pay by more than 10% and divide the rest with the IVA. If it were to be deemed a payrise then it should not be an issue as Foggy says until the annual review but to be sure I would suggest you contact the IP. Do a new I&E to allow for any extra travel, meals at work, childcare, loss of tax credits etc and you may not be much better off anyway.

I was thinking to call my ip as you suggested and I think I should also check with tax return if any changes. Thank you very much for reply
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”