Debt free direct sent me a certificate of termination after 6 years of payment

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
cathy
by cathy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:15 am
Hi my husband and I took out an iva in 2009 with debt free direct, initially we were told it would be for 5 years, then they increased this to 6, then following a failed equity release they increased it to 6 years.
In November 2016 we contacted them to explain that we could no longer meet the payments due to a reduction in our household income and they said they would take this to the creditors to see what they said and would let us know, but as Christmas was approaching this would be or take over 3 months.
We received nothing from them until yesterday when a letter arrived to say we had breeched our agreement and so a certificate of termination had been sent to our creditors and they were no longer acting on our behalf. We have received no notification as to why and despite attempts to contact them we dont know what to do as it all sounds so final. We should habe been in the clear of it all by now and we feel that they ha e take 10,000 of our money and failed to sort out the debit which they said they would.
Im destraught at the moment and I cant get them to answer the phone or return my voice messages.
What do I do now. Ive got 4 beautiful children and im worried about there future and home too.
Please help me,
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:48 am
DFD are undergoing some drastic changes and it looks like your case might have got mixed up --- have you any written copies of correspondence backing up the fact that you were in negotiation rather than simply stopped payments ?

I would suggest a hand written letter by recorded delivery, direct to the IP, asking him to rectify this situation.
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:59 am
I agree with Foggy. Given the urgency of this you need to speak to the IP directly and see if they can undo this. Check the register to see if you are still listed there and hopefully something can be done to resurrect this. Normally termination follows a notice of breach so maybe it has not gone too far.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”