Iva final payment. Received "Extension notice" letter

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
LeahD1985
by LeahD1985 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:32 am
Hi, I have been with freeman jones for 6 years in an iva. Just made my last Payment and received a letter today saying that the duration of the agreement has been extended by 6 months to allow my supervisor to finalise the administration or the arrangement.
What does this mean? Do I have to keep sending them my wageslips and keep paying for the next 6 months? Or does this just mean it's going to take 6 months to get my compleition certificate?ive tried to call them but there not open until Monday. I only spoke to them a week ago when I made my last payment and they didn't mention anything about this...
Last edited by LeahD1985 on Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:46 am
They have extended the administration process as per the terms of your agreement ( they could extend again by three months, if needed). However, this doesn't mean they will actually take that long. I am afraid that, until you get your certificate, you are still bound by the IVA. You won't have to submit payslips or the like, but, if you inherit or win the lottery the money could still be due to be paid to your creditors. You do not have to continue making payments.

I would contact them and ask why they have extended .. is there anything you can do to speed the process ?
LeahD1985
by LeahD1985 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:50 am
Thank you for the fast reply. I haven't missed a single payment and never had a payment break etc so not sure why they've extended it. As long as I don't have to keep paying for the next 6 months and sending wage slips etc.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:53 am
LeahD1985 wrote:
Thank you for the fast reply. I haven't missed a single payment and never had a payment break etc so not sure why they've extended it. As long as I don't have to keep paying for the next 6 months and sending wage slips etc.

It's just that they are,for some reason, giving themselves more time to tie up the paperwork. FJ are normally quite on the ball with completion procedures, so I would be curious as to why.
LeahD1985
by LeahD1985 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:01 am
Thank you. I will call them on Monday to find out why. When I called them last week ( the date of my last payment) they did say I have to keep sending them my wageslips until the end of this month even though I have paid my last payment. Which I thought was a bit strange as I assumed the arrangement ended on the date of the last payment. But they said it was the end of the Payment month...
LeahD1985
by LeahD1985 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:25 am
It would be good for anyone else who had one of these letters from freeman jones to comment to share their experience of how long it took to get the completion certificate..
watzki
by watzki » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:28 pm
We were with freeman Jones and also received the same letter and our completion certificate came five weeks later
Hope this will relieve some concerns
LeahD1985
by LeahD1985 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:03 pm
watzki wrote:
We were with freeman Jones and also received the same letter and our completion certificate came five weeks later
Hope this will relieve some concerns

Thank you so much. It does make me feel a lot better. I was panicking when I got the letter as it was very vague. I assumed it meant my iva was carrying on for another 6 months.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”