They will terminate IVA if i don't send them my P60 and P45

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
kathleen237
by kathleen237 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:07 pm
We have a IVA and in the final 10 months of paying £551 and never missed a payment We have received a letter this morning saying they will terminate the arrangement if i don't send them my P60 and P45. I retired in January 2016 to look after my husband who 73 and i am 67 with a serious disease.The letter also says the review of my property equity which is due in December, We still owe £50000 on the mortgage and never missed a payment.This IVA company is just hassling us and making us both very ill they just don't listen. We do not want do a secured loan and we are not stopping our monthly payments they are. What do we do if they terminate the arrangement we really need someone face to face to talk to at our age. Please advice. Thank you.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:21 pm
If they require P60's or P45's you are obliged to produce them. Also, the chances of being able to remortgage are slim to nil, so, if you have equity to release, the IVA will be extended by 12 months.
If the arrangement is terminated you will be back to square one with creditors who will add back lost interest, so it would be best to try to work with the IP to get through this.

Might I ask who you are with ?
kathleen237
by kathleen237 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:46 pm
Foggy wrote:
If they require P60's or P45's you are obliged to produce them. Also, the chances of being able to remortgage are slim to nil, so, if you have equity to release, the IVA will be extended by 12 months.
If the arrangement is terminated you will be back to square one with creditors who will add back lost interest, so it would be best to try to work with the IP to get through this.

Might I ask who you are with ?

Johnson geddes Cheshire
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:55 pm
I would write directly to the IP, by name: Mr Keeley or Mr Johnson, by recorded delivery, outlining your concerns and asking for him to contact you directly to resolve the issue -- or, if you are local, for a face to face appointment.

If no joy, lodge a formal complaint via their internal procedures which you can escalate to their regulators, the IPA, via the Government Gateway, if no joy.
kathleen237
by kathleen237 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:14 pm
Foggy wrote:
I would write directly to the IP, by name: Mr Keeley or Mr Johnson, by recorded delivery, outlining your concerns and asking for him to contact you directly to resolve the issue -- or, if you are local, for a face to face appointment.

If no joy, lodge a formal complaint via their internal procedures which you can escalate to their regulators, the IPA, via the Government Gateway, if no joy.

Many thanks for that this will be my next port of call
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:50 am
Their requests are standard I'm afraid so I don't think you can chalk it up to harassment.

You have a duty to cooperate with them and provide them with this information.

If you have standard terms and over £5k of equitable interest then the IVAs are likely to be extended for a year in lieu of the equity.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”