Credit File Query

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
njm
by njm » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:52 pm
Hi all,
I'm hoping somebody can please advise.
I started an IVA in October 2010 and it was completed in October 2015 - completion certificate dated December 2015.
I contacted all creditors to ensure that default dates were correct and by November 2016 all entries had dropped off my Experian credit file.

I am now in the process of applying for a mortgage. I've checked my credit files from Experian, Equifax and Call Credit/ Noddle.
There is a current entry from 'TDX Group, (On Behalf of Tti Spc)' regarding a settled account. It states that the date satisfied was December 2016 (which would have been when the IP made final payment). There is also an update dated December 2016 and the notes read "PARTIAL SETTLEMENT Payment received as a full and final settlement although the payment would not fully clear the balance".
There is no default date so this remains on my credit file.

The thing is Next LTD was the creditor in the original IVA. This entry from TDX Group is in relation to the debt from Next. I'm assuming they must have sold the debt to TDX Group/ or TDX Group are working on their behalf.

My main question is - is this a big deal on my credit file? I'm worried that as this is a current entry and has no default date, it might appear that this was additional debt problems years after the IVA started. It also might affect my mortgage application.
Also as Next were part of the IVA, can they even sell on to TDX in the first place? I have never borrowed from or had any agreement with TDX Do I have any rights to get this removed from my credit file?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm currently worried that this will affect my application and I'm stressing out!! :(
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:20 pm
Debts are routinely sold on in and out of an IVA, it is common practice. The debt should have been defaulted by Next and, to be honest I am not sure how the sale would have affected that ---- you could write to Next and ask them to default at the date of the IVA start, or, if they cannot or will not, see if TDX will (assuming they bought the debt rather than simply administered it for Next).

You could amend the letter included here:

https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record
njm
by njm » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:29 pm
That's really helpful thank you.
I'm assuming they bought the debt. Next was referred to in all IVA documentation and then the default was added to my credit report by TDX. I think the default date was correct at the time (however I only used to check Experian). According to Equifax it was settled in December 2015 and updated in December 2016 with the note. I could be wrong but it looks to me like they have deleted the default date to keep the record on the report.
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:54 am
Best to try and call them and speak to their Data Controller to speed things up. If you have no joy with that contact them via Social Media as Companies tend to resolve Complaints quicker these days when made via Social Media.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”