Aperture being short staffed and completion process

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Gary.uk
by Gary.uk » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:49 am
Eight weeks into final review and being told that due to Aperture being short staffed in this department they are taking longer than usual? With the addition of a quoted potential 3 to 6 months final closure and a further 3 months to have name removed from IR the whole process is becoming slightly frustrating... I’m delighted the final payment has been taken and in theory the IVA is complete but due to circumstances with ex partner I have a need to remortgage! I’ve read stories of some completing in weeks, months and years. Where are we at the moment with completion processes?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:22 am
I am afraid it varies greatly from firm to firm and Aperture (especially in their former guise) were never the fastest, although they are now greatly improved.Over the years they have had a history of buying case loads from other firms but not allocating sufficient resource to deal with the integration and running of the new cases -- this, it appears, is a continuing trend.

To some extent the process is outside of the IP's control, especially where there are unsubmitted claims from creditors. Some firms will start to chase claims in anticipation of completion ( it's a bit like Christmas --- hardly a surprise when it arrives!) whereas others will wait until they realise completion is upon them! Aperture make this doubly difficult because they compartmentalise everything and consequently the completions process isn't even looked at until the file is passed to that department.
Gary.uk
by Gary.uk » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:33 am
Thanks Foggy for your insight. I was one of those cases that was transferred from Cleardebt and Apertures communication with their clients is questionable although like you say from what I have read is vastly improved, there reputation seems to preceed them... I will remain patient as even they have said to me there does not appear to be anything obstructing the closure. Fingers crossed for a prompt end.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”