I have just got £2000 off bank for nosia, can I keep it ??

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
20 posts Page 1 of 2
Rob.58
by Rob.58 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:24 pm
I’ve finished my Iva two years ago & i have just got £2000 off bank for nosia, can I keep it ??
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:37 pm
What is this £2000 for ?
Rob.58
by Rob.58 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:11 pm
Foggy wrote:
What is this £2000 for ?

It’s for notice of sums in arrears old nat west loan
That was in my Iva I didn’t apply for anything just turned up in the post today cheque Attached to letter :roll:
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:14 pm
Hmmm -- I imagine it would be treated the same way as PPI, being an asset that existed during the IVA, and payable into the IVA. Your former IP might decide it is not worthwhile digging out your old files and distributing to creditors and let you keep it.
Rob.58
by Rob.58 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:19 pm
Foggy wrote:
Hmmm -- I imagine it would be treated the same way as PPI, being an asset that existed during the IVA, and payable into the IVA. Your former IP might decide it is not worthwhile digging out your old files and distributing to creditors and let you keep it.

Do I really need to tell anyone it’s been two years
I’m not in Iva now & I can’t see the bank telling anyone about it ?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:45 pm
Rob.58 wrote:
Foggy wrote:

Technically it was an asset during the IVA, although you have only just found out about it. Whether you tell them is up to you. Although probably unlikely they will ever know, that cannot be guaranteed. I cannot advise you what to do, only tell you what the situation is.
Rob.58
by Rob.58 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:05 pm
Foggy wrote:
Rob.58 wrote:
Foggy wrote:

Technically it was an asset during the IVA, although you have only just found out about it. Whether you tell them is up to you. Although probably unlikely they will ever know, that cannot be guaranteed. I cannot advise you what to do, only tell you what the situation is.

Ha I’ll take a chance & say nothing if they catch up with me I’ll pay it back thanks for your help
ANNED
by ANNED » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:51 pm
Why do u have to tell them anything u get after the iva ?? Once the iva is complete and finished is that not it done with ??
Rob.58
by Rob.58 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:29 am
ANNED wrote:
Why do u have to tell them anything u get after the iva ?? Once the iva is complete and finished is that not it done with ??

That’s what I was thinking I’ve payed & it’s all over in my mind . I don’t no who to tell anyway it’s 2 years ago I’ve move house new life .. I’m just going to keep it if they find out I’ll pay it back :lol:
bridgey
by bridgey » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:50 am
Rob.58 wrote:
ANNED wrote:

That’s what I was thinking I’ve payed & it’s all over in my mind . I don’t no who to tell anyway it’s 2 years ago I’ve move house new life .. I’m just going to keep it if they find out I’ll pay it back :lol:

Didn’t you dispose of all old paperwork when you moved? :lol:
Rob.58
by Rob.58 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:55 am
bridgey wrote:
Rob.58 wrote:
ANNED wrote:

Didn’t you dispose of all old paperwork when you moved? :lol:

Ha that’s one to remember.. don’t know what your talking about boss I can’t remember a thing about any of it :shock:
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:56 am
ANNED wrote:

Because it existed during the IVA and belongs to the IVA estate. Everything else you get after the IVA is none of your former IPs business ( lottery wins, inheritances that arose after completion).

You can chose to keep it quiet and whether the IP will ever find out can be left to chance --- what happens when and if he / she does depends on the circumstances and the amount. If, as in many cases you signed an assigment, they could pursue you for theft (unlikely, but a possibility).
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:26 am
My husbands completion letter contained a caveat that should he get any PPI it had to be paid across.
Rob.58
by Rob.58 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:31 am
kallis3 wrote:
My husbands completion letter contained a caveat that should he get any PPI it had to be paid across.

It’s not PPI it’s compensation because they didn’t send interest statement when I was in default just paid me back the interest I would’ve paid on the loan ??
Rob.58
by Rob.58 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:48 am
What do you think people GIVE IT TO THEM OR KEEP IT ???
20 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”