DRO

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

DRO

rae25
Posts: 24
by rae25 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:03 pm
Hi I know it's the wrong subject but when I entered into my iva you guys were amazing
. A friend has been advised that a dro would be better for her due to her owing 7500 and literally having no money a month. Are some companies better than others for a dro? Cab advised her it's a 4 month wait with them and she has baliffs knocking literally .
Any help would be great
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 24126
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:21 pm
It has to be a firm with an "approved intermediary". I believe the forum sponsors, Vincent Bond have one on staff.
User avatar
sheraz.butt
Industry Expert
Posts: 153
by sheraz.butt » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:45 pm
CAB are normally quite overloaded so their waiting time is generally high.

If they type in Google ... DRO application, there are various firms that can help.
User avatar
Keith White
Industry Expert
Posts: 143
by Keith White » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:48 pm
I'm afraid Vincent Bond don't - Stepchange do I think.
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 24126
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:14 pm
Keith White wrote:
I'm afraid Vincent Bond don't - Stepchange do I think.


Thanks for that Keith -- thought they did (one of my "senior" moments)
User avatar
size5
Industry Expert
Posts: 3072
Contact
by size5 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:14 pm
If it were me, I would avoid StepChange and the CAB, not for derogatory reasons, purely due to likely waiting times.

I would try National Debtline as a first port of call.

Regards.
rae25
Posts: 24
by rae25 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:05 pm
Thanks national debtline said the wait times are longer than usual at the moment as more and more people are needing to seek a solution. I've read good reviews for qis but not sure if they just deal with bankruptcy . As always appreciate your advice. I can finally sleep now thanks to my iva and your support .
User avatar
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Posts: 15188
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:17 am
Given the urgency perhaps the CAB may be able to prioritise the application. I would suggest speaking with them again and explain about the bailiffs and how she needs protection now.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 27 guests