I'm getting debtors keep contacting me

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
19 posts Page 1 of 2
leslie567
by leslie567 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:22 pm
I was with debt free direct..and had further monetary problems...they put my account on hold when I was able to start making payments I was told that it was now to late to continue..since then I have gone over to swift..it seams to be taking months for them to sort any thing out..I'm getting debtors keep contacting me, I can't give any answers because I'm not really getting much feed back from the Iva..really don't want to go bankrupt as do not want to loose my home and business please can you give me some advice on where I stand and what to do
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:35 pm
We need some clarification: Was the IVA with DFD terminated and another started with Swift ? When was this ?

If it is a new IVA with Swift ... have you had your creditors meeting yet ?

Creditors (not debtors -- you are the debtor) will keep contacting you if a new IVA hasn't yet been put in place. If Swift are starting a new IVA and are messing about, it doesn't bode well for them running the arrangement with any efficiency.
Keith White
Industry Expert
by Keith White » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:48 pm
Yrs further clarification is necessary. But assuming Swift are still sorting out the IVA - then you need to contact them, explain the problem and find out the timescale. If you're not happy with the response - you may need to consider going elsewhere for your IVA.
sheraz.butt
Industry Expert
by sheraz.butt » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:24 pm
I would definitely put some pressure on Swift so you know where you stand with your new IVA if that is what you are trying to do with them.

As Keith has mentioned, if you are not getting anywhere with them, probably looking elsewhere would be a good idea as an IVA can all be in place in 4-6 weeks (if all your paperwork is sent that is needed for the application).
leslie567
by leslie567 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:08 pm
Foggy wrote:
We need some clarification: Was the IVA with DFD terminated and another started with Swift ? When was this ?

If it is a new IVA with Swift ... have you had your creditors meeting yet ?

Creditors (not debtors -- you are the debtor) will keep contacting you if a new IVA hasn't yet been put in place. If Swift are starting a new IVA and are messing about, it doesn't bode well for them running the arrangement with any efficiency.

Signed Iva pack with swift 24-4-16 had to wait six months to be totally signed off from debt free direct
I contacted them some time after as I hadn't heard from them..eventually got to send all paperwork on the 16-7-17
Spoke to the summary adviser 17-7-17...I keep contacting swift for updates and they keep telling me they have no further information as no creditors are responding..they said that due to the new legistration with Iva they may not allow it to go through, my best option maybe a secured loan...I'm finding this hard to believe that I would be allowed a secured loan as I've got severely bad credit
sheraz.butt
Industry Expert
by sheraz.butt » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:21 pm
Have they actually got a MOC scheduled or are they still just trying to see if the creditors would be willing to consider?

A secured loan could be difficult due to credit but no harm in exploring to keep your options open.
leslie567
by leslie567 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:02 pm
sheraz.butt wrote:
Have they actually got a MOC scheduled or are they still just trying to see if the creditors would be willing to consider?

A secured loan could be difficult due to credit but no harm in exploring to keep your options open.

What does mic schedule mean ?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:52 am
Meeting of Creditors .... seems Swift are testing the waters before putting in too much work. I would be inclined to speak to another firm, you need to get things going to protect yourself from collection actions.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:47 am
Agree with Foggy - speak to some more companies and explain the situation fully. Advice is free.
leslie567
by leslie567 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:13 pm
leslie567 wrote:
I was with debt free direct..and had further monetary problems...they put my account on hold when I was able to start making payments I was told that it was now to late to continue..since then I have gone over to swift..it seams to be taking months for them to sort any thing out..I'm getting debtors keep contacting me, I can't give any answers because I'm not really getting much feed back from the Iva..really don't want to go bankrupt as do not want to loose my home and business please can you give me some advice on where I stand and what to do

I will contact another firm get some advice thanks for all your help
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:24 am
If you are self employed this may explain the delay. Many IP firms do not want to deal with self employed cases and if Swift are trying to find a company to do this it could be a struggle for them. I am not sure if Swift are an insolvency firm or an introducer but this does seem to have taken a long time so speak to a firm with self employed experience.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:42 am
Swift do have an IP. Just looked at the website.
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:07 am
I wonder if they take on self employed cases as it seems a very long delay.
leslie567
by leslie567 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:40 pm
leslie567 wrote:

We are not self employed..had a phone call from swift to say that as there is equity in my property I would be unable to get an Iva from any one..only option would be secured loan
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:15 pm
leslie567 wrote:
leslie567 wrote:

We are not self employed..had a phone call from swift to say that as there is equity in my property I would be unable to get an Iva from any one..only option would be secured loan

How much equity do you have in the property ?

I would still be inclined to have a chat with other firms -- if it was that "cut and dried" Swift could have told you that right away !
19 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”