IVA completed last year with DFD. Received letters from creditors, IVA failed!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
alexandra160
by alexandra160 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:15 am
Good Morning,
I completed payments on an IVA with Debt Free Direct in November 2015.
In June 2016 I was contacted by them asking my to complete a DOA for PPI checking. I had no issue with this and completed the form (although I was surprised that it was over 6 months later and assumed my IVA had been closed).
Recently I have received two letters from creditors asking for payment as my IVA had failed.
I cannot get in touch with anyone who I spoke to last year (the emails keep bouncing back) and the numbers I have for DFD all seem out of use now.
This is such a shock to me that it appears my IVA was not completed as I have heard nothing for DFD for 12 months with any further issues.
The creditors have agreed to give me 30 days to send them I copy of the Completion Certificate but I feel at a loss of what to do next. DFD have ceased communication with me long ago now and have given me no indication of any problems or none receipt of the DOA.
Kind Regards
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:19 am
Hi,

DFD no longer trade and sold on their portfolio to Aperture I believe . Have you checked the Insolvency Register to see if you are still on there? Did you receive a completion letter from DFD?
Keith White
Industry Expert
by Keith White » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:23 am
DFD have been bought by Aperture - see press release dated yesterday assuring DFD clients of best possible service. I would suggest contacting Aperture (phone number on Aperture website) for further help about the status of the IVA.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 67963.html
sheraz.butt
Industry Expert
by sheraz.butt » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:24 am
alexandra160 wrote:
Good Morning,
I completed payments on an IVA with Debt Free Direct in November 2015.
In June 2016 I was contacted by them asking my to complete a DOA for PPI checking. I had no issue with this and completed the form (although I was surprised that it was over 6 months later and assumed my IVA had been closed).
Recently I have received two letters from creditors asking for payment as my IVA had failed.
I cannot get in touch with anyone who I spoke to last year (the emails keep bouncing back) and the numbers I have for DFD all seem out of use now.
This is such a shock to me that it appears my IVA was not completed as I have heard nothing for DFD for 12 months with any further issues.
The creditors have agreed to give me 30 days to send them I copy of the Completion Certificate but I feel at a loss of what to do next. DFD have ceased communication with me long ago now and have given me no indication of any problems or none receipt of the DOA.
Kind Regards

Did you receive your completion certificate? If so, this will be your saving grace as it will confirm you met all the terms and it was finalised.
DFD do appear to have ceased trading and most probably would have transferred/passed on their cases to another company. Quite bad if they didn't finalise your IVA after telling you they had!!

You can also check the Insolvency Register below to see if there is any information on there but most probably not as the information is cleared of the register if failed or completed.

https://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov.uk/eiir/
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:24 am
As Kallis asks ... did you get the completion letter from DFD ?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:26 am
If all else fails ask creditors to supply you with copies of documentation they are relying on to say the IVA failed.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”