Credit score during an IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
bridgey
by bridgey » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:56 pm
Just curious more than anything, what credit score did / do people have during - and in the months and years following - an IVA.

Currently on clear score I’m showing as 351/700 and that’s been increasing month on month lately.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:34 pm
The lowest I went was 406 on Noddle (out of 710) and 1/5 ... Now I am 640 and 5/5 and 375 out of 700 on Clearscore -- now 506.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:38 pm
Never checked during our IVA - now have a good credit rating.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:11 pm
I never checked during my IVA, didn't want to feel anymore depressed! I have an above national average good on all 3 now and am bordering on excellent, I also now have a solid, checkable, credit history. I use them for the tips and tricks editorials and they can give good advice on how to keep and increase your score and credit history. It all take time but I am sure it also keeps me in check from my past disastrous financial meltdown.
sheraz.butt
Industry Expert
by sheraz.butt » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:04 pm
It depends on how quick you can build it up with being disciplined and not getting into unmanageable debt.

Spending on credit card and paying off as soon as works quite well to build.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:50 am
As Sheraz says ... little and often .. and pay it back to avoid interest. Most of us, and myself definitely, found it was a struggle to even use the credit card for just petrol at first..... four years down the line I still have to struggle to use it ! And -- I still have a zero balance at the end of each month.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”