Complicated to say the least

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

norman

Post by norman » Thu May 16, 2019 6:21 am
Complicated so bare with me ,my son and I have a joint mortgage although he is now married and moved out ,we both took out IVA's in 2012 his finished his in 2018 after paying an extra year for having equity ,he now has his completion certificate ,I had to pay an extra year because of Northern Rock ,so now after that extra year I have to try and release equity by remortgaging ,how will this affect my son as he wants to be out of the mortgage because he wants to get his own and doesn't agree to me remortgaging to get the equity as this could keep him tied to my mortgage ,can he be forced to stay on my mortgage and will they take his equity as well ,stressed and worried as Aperture have put us in the hands of Select Partnership to try remortgage ,but if my son couldn't a year ago on the same mortgage how can I .

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Thu May 16, 2019 8:04 am
The equity release clause is based on your share of equity. His equity will be safe. Hopefully, as said before, a remortgage will be ruled out and the question and worry will be moot.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

norman

Post by norman » Thu May 16, 2019 3:34 pm
Thanks got a telephone appointment on Monday 12 30 with Select
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”