Deed poll

4 posts Page 1 of 1


Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:48 pm

Post by Nikl » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:53 am
I was wondering if anyone could help. I have three names (maiden name, married name (now divorced), another name and now need to go back to my maiden name.

It’s £42 approximately to return back to my maiden name by deed poll which after my IVA being completed, is money I’m scared to spend on. Has anyone dealt with deed polls? Is this the only way possible to change names?

Many thanks


User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 30815
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by Foggy » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:36 am
A bit confusing .... the Deed Poll pedlars say that, for instance, to change back to your maiden name on your passport needs a deed poll as the passport office doesn't accept decree absolute as proof --- the Passport Office say they do (although they do want other proof that you are using your old name again (payslip, letter from the council (CT Bill) ) !!

As far as I am aware you only need your marriage certificate and Decree Absolute to change back....after all, when you got married you only needed the marriage certificate.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014


Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:48 pm

Post by Nikl » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:36 am
My worries come from already having deed polled already so I don’t have a decree absolute to show I’m reverting back to my Maiden name (just a repulsive ex partner which is another story). Anyhow, my current name is used for all bills etc so it’s a bit of a nightmare


Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:15 am

Post by taylor941 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:22 am
I don't have an idea but I hope your concern is resolved.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “money saving tips”