Voluntary Arrangement Discharge on Clearscore

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
plymscout
by plymscout » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:38 pm
Hi everyone.
I have had an IVA running since August 2011 and including the equity year I have now completed this. It has been a long 6 years and my Clearscore looked great once the IVA dropped off. Competed Sept 2017.
However it has taken a year to get my completion certificate, which has finally arrived. This has triggered a "Voluntary Arrangement Discharged" entry back on my credit file, which has caused it to plummet again.
Has anyone else experienced this, and does anyone know how long will this last??? Although I'm not planning on rushing out and getting credit, I feel a little miffed if this last a further 6 years on file, pushing an adverse credit file to last 13 years,,,,,,,,

Any help and advice would be very gratefully received.

Thanks for reading.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:13 pm
Has one of the agencies entered a Notice Of Correction ? If so simply ask them to remove it.
plymscout
by plymscout » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:19 pm
Thanks Foggy,
I have no idea I can't see any corrections I wondered if it was a result of the IVA register being marked as "completed" and woudl then go when the record in the IVA register is removed after 3 months.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:27 pm
plymscout wrote:
Thanks Foggy,
I have no idea I can't see any corrections I wondered if it was a result of the IVA register being marked as "completed" and woudl then go when the record in the IVA register is removed after 3 months.

It could be -- usually the IVA doesn't drop off of files until after it leaves the Insolvency Register. They might have deleted it early and have noticed the error.
plymscout
by plymscout » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:52 pm
Hi. I started my IVA in August 2011, after 5 years I then had a 1 year extension to cover equity in my house. These payments were all made succesfully and I have received my Completion certificate dates 26th Sept 2018.
In the last 18 months I have been monitoring my credit file on Clearscore and did indeed see an improvemeny at the 6 year mark when the IVA was no longer showing.
However, when the completion certificate was issued my Credit file plummetted again to a " Discharge Notice" being registered. Can I ask how long this will remain, is it another 6 years or much quicker?
Thanks for your help
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:08 pm
Topics merged
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:09 pm
Have a read here for details of how it should happen: https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”