Wages paid into frozen account?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
sara342
by sara342 » Sat May 26, 2018 5:59 am
I entered into an IVA on 21/05/18 through Richmond Oaks. I presume my Halifax account was frozen on this date, my wages were paid into this account by mistake today. Would the Halifax accept the monies or would it ping back to my employer??
Mrs_Brown
by Mrs_Brown » Sat May 26, 2018 7:33 am
My experience of frozen accounts was with a different bank, a joint account I had requested to get my name off was still in use by ex, as I had a credit card with them, the bank froze the account 3 days after he was paid. This happened as soon as the creditor meeting date was set. I had to go in so they could call my IP and get confirmation they had no interest in the monies, then it was released.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat May 26, 2018 8:34 am
sara342 wrote:
I entered into an IVA on 21/05/18 through Richmond Oaks. I presume my Halifax account was frozen on this date, my wages were paid into this account by mistake today. Would the Halifax accept the monies or would it ping back to my employer??

Bank accounts are not normally frozen on rntering an IVA unless they are a creditor, they are not IVA friendly or the staff have got the wrong end of the stick and are treating it like a bankruptcy (which it is not -- but they do not all understand their jobs). Halifax were among my creditors, but my bank account with them remained fully servicable throughout (although I didn't tempt fate by actually using it!) and is still open today.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat May 26, 2018 3:30 pm
Halifax closed my account and withdrew the remaining £34 to offset against my £20k debt!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”