Waiting for completion certificate

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
lisa261
by lisa261 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:24 pm
Hi there.

I have completed my iva and sent the certificate to the insolvency register. They are telling me I have to wait for 3 months before they can take it off the register. My financial advisor has told me that people have been taken off quicker than that and we desperately need to move house and this is stopping me getting a mortgage.

The irr claim there is legislation that prevents them from removing the information for 3 months. I completed the iva on 10 March but have had to wait for the certificate. Do you know exactly what the legislation is or if there is any way to make them take it off.

Thanks
Lisa
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:00 am
It can take UP TO three months - you are right that others have had it alot quicker.

We were in the same position wanting to move etc and I contacted the insolvency service and spoke to them to explain..they happily obliged and amended our record once evidence of certificate and a letter from the mortgage broker was received to say it was holding things up.

Good luck and don't forget if you need mortgage advice Ryan and or Shaun are forum experts in this field and have supported hundreds of forum users over the years. I can personally vouch for Ryan and to team at Zebra.
lisa261
by lisa261 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:41 am
Hiya. I've been speaking to Mike at Zebra. It's so frustrating I did my IVA for 7 years because it was a northern rock unsecured mortgage and we just need to move on. Im paying 4.6% at the moment. Aaaargh it's doing my nut in!

Thanks for the reply.

Lisa
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:46 am
I have had this arguement with the Insolvency Service and them denying any removal from the register before three months, whilst I was telling them of instances happening while we were discussing the matter --- in the end they simply stopped responding to me! I do not think it is legislation but rather internal policy and they will not be moved.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:24 am
It doesn't help you, but shows the inaccuracy of their statement; my IVA was removed within 3 days of my IP informing them my IVA was completed. Phone back, explain your situation and see if you get a sympathetic human next time.
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:39 am
It is a lottery sadly - as has been said previously best to keep trying and hopefully you will got to speak to someone helpful there.

Best of luck

Regards
lisa261
by lisa261 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:16 am
Ryan wrote:
It is a lottery sadly - as has been said previously best to keep trying and hopefully you will got to speak to someone helpful there.

Best of luck

Regards

They are still saying it is legislation. I've tried the iva enquiry line and the register but no one is helping.

:cry:
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:26 pm
Mine came off quickly but it is the luck of the draw. Just keep checking.
lisa261
by lisa261 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:36 pm
kallis3 wrote:
Mine came off quickly but it is the luck of the draw. Just keep checking.

Hiya. I dont think it is the luck of the draw. There is actual legislation that states they have to keep it on for 3 months from the date they are notified. They can change the date but they won't help me. It has come off my hubbys credit score already just nit the iva register.

Cheers
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:06 am
It is the luck of the draw - depends on who picks up the file.

At least you know it will be off in 3months.
lisa261
by lisa261 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:31 am
kallis3 wrote:
It is the luck of the draw - depends on who picks up the file.

At least you know it will be off in 3months.

Yeah thanks!
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”