Waiting for IVA Proposal

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
19 posts Page 2 of 2
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:02 pm
TruckerT wrote:
Thanks FOGGY,

One thing I have noticed is that the chairman's report mentions modifications to the background stuff about IP charges etc for which there are 12 but doesn't mention the required modifications to my budget which has pushed up my payments £100 per month is it normal for this modification to be omitted from the report :?: :?: :?:

All modifications should be mentioned in the Chairman's Report, as this document over-rides the proposal. However, they, no doubt, have a record of your agreement. Personally, being a stickler, I would point this out and ask them to re-issue an amended document.
TruckerT
by TruckerT » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:13 pm
I have asked the IP to advise me as to why these modifications are not on the report as I think they should be same as you, We will see what the response is hopefully they will add this detail for future reference.
TruckerT
by TruckerT » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:56 pm
Also can the CFS trigger figures be obtained so at least you know what is acceptable in the budget ?? or are they top secret ???
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:17 am
You need to check and make sure you were liable for this increase as sometimes modifications can be outvoted. If this is not in the Chairman's Report then you are entitled to question whether or not the resolution was even passed.

£100 seems a huge uplift and if certain expenses are outside the guidelines then they can still be justified. The whole point of guidelines is that you explain any additional costs so pity you have had this uplift [or maybe not]. If you want a copy of the CCCS guidelines which most firms use I will email a copy and you can compare these to whatever the CFS guidelines might be or whatever your IP used.
19 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”