Waiting for ok on car HP

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

sylar

Post by sylar » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:15 am
I am 13 months into my IVA had my yearly review and no changes. I had a finance car prior to the IVA and now the car require expensive repairs and dealer has suggested I sell. I have applied to get a new car from IVA and it’s now 3 weeks and they are still reviewing. I am a community nurse and require a good working car which they aware of. The car broke down and had to sell it and settle the HP. I am currently not working as I am waiting on them to approve. I am beyond frustrated as I thought it would be an easy application since I was already of HP before the IVA. How long does it take for the application to be approved?.

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:05 am
Unfortunately response times can vary between IVA providers and some are notoriously bad at the best of times, but all have been impacted by staff shortages and working from home due to Covid.

Who are you with ? Have you chased them up at all ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

Skylar

Post by Skylar » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:01 am
I am with Hanover, I have emailed and spoke to them on the phone a few times, but still I am told it’s waiting review. I have explained that without a car I can’t work and therefore won’t be able to pay them as I am a community nurse and still the answer remains the same. For two weeks I have not been working. I have not paid them

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:04 am
Keep pestering them and I am sure they will be in touch when they realise you haven't paid but do be aware that they could threaten to fail your IVA. You could try the approach of a payment break in the meantime.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Skylar

Post by Skylar » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:49 am
Ok thank you very much for your advice :)
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”