way to go virgin mobile

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
31 posts Page 2 of 3

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:51 am
She's fine when she's here but at Nathan's house she just can't get a signal. She never had a problem with O2 though and I haven't either.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:41 am
I was thinking of changing to O2 but I'm wary now - my friend had a problem with her Iphone and sent it to O2 to be checked. They said that the phone was water damaged and it would cost her £130 to have it repaired so she contacted Apple who said they would assess it as well.

Apple have sent her a brand new phone, so it looks to me as though O2 were trying to pull a fast one. I remember a story about water damaged Iphones on Watchdog a while back so it makes you wonder how many people have paid out money they didn't need to.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:50 am
I had problems with my phone last year and O2 sent it away twice for repair and the second time they replaced it with a new one.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:10 pm
It's strange how the same company don't have the same level of service for everyone isn't it? Surely what they do for one they should do for everyone? I suppose that would make it too simple!

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:49 pm
I love my iphone and can't imagine having anything else, I just hope I'm able to upgrade to a new version of the iphone. As I said earlier it's my one piece of luxury within the IVA and luckily for me it's a low tarrif and I didn't have to pay for the phone, however, now I know there aren't such good deals about so we'll have to see. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:08 pm
I shall be having a good look at O2 next year.
Bob Marley.

Beans on Toast

Post by Beans on Toast » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:16 am
Funny that Jan, my daughters phone has no reception when she's at her boyfriends either !!!!!!!!!![;)]
IVA completed April 2013

flow13

Post by flow13 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:29 am
A few weeks ago we had a leaflet through from virgin offering us a touchscreen handset free with a £10 a month contract. This includes 100 mins to any network, 500 texts to any network and unlimited virgin to virgin calls. And it says 'approval guaranteed'. When I called the lady said that although they ran a credit check even if we failed they would give us it.

So we are now on contract - which should help with building credit rating once the IVA is finished. x
Its now time to start living and to make some some wonderful memories!
Read my blog at http://flow13.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Aiming for the finish line'

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:42 am
BOT - how nice to see you!

I know hers is genuine as I can get hold of her via their house phone and his mobile![:D]

Flow, that's excellent news.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:01 pm
My daughter has no reception at her boyfriends either (genuinely)
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:09 pm
When mine was with O2 there was no problem, it's only since she switched to Vodaphone.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:12 pm
My daughter is 02 but he lives in the middle of nowhere so I'm not surprised. Think they've only just got electric! Mind I'm jealous lovely quiet area x

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:15 pm
Excellent News Flow!
I might give them a try as Im desperate to get back onto contract just to help my/our credit rating.
I was kindly given a phone by Lesley on here but the screen has decided to give up ;0(
N hubbys screen on his phone is going blank now n then n having to take battery out n replace to get it working again.
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:18 pm
Oh no Lyns! Send it back to me as daughters boyfriend fixes them and I know he'll be able to sort that out given time (he's just started 6th form). Please return it to me and he will do it, he's very good with phones and computers. x

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:28 pm
Oh Lesley I didnt want to upset you - you have had enough on your plate lately.
But I will post it back asap, Ive kept your address somewhere! Will check email as Ive not deleted some if not I will send u a message hun.
The screen is crashing n phone has to be turned off n then on again n then crashes again, & Ive not dropped it or let the boys get their hands on it! xxxx
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x
31 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”