We have paid off our IVA. A man came to our house to say we have to pay more.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by keith257 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:31 am
I have a iva and paid it off. Now a man has been to my house and ask my wife who deaf and said to her we have to pay more money is that right?
Forum Expert
by luluj » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:37 am
Do you have your completion certificate? You certainly do not have to pay more once an iva is closed and concluded.
I would certainly be reporting this man to the police especially if in a no cold calling area - he has no rights to be where he is or doing what he is doing
by J5453 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:26 am
I echo what has been said above. Do not enter into any conversations with cold callers and don’t let them in or give any information away. Was there any identification produced?
If you have completed and you have your certificate then it’s all done and end of the matter. If you haven’t got your certificate then ring your IP and tell them about what has happened too and I’m sure they will tell you that no one should be chasing you for money. I would certainly call this into the police as you don’t know who this person is and whether they are doing the same to other people.
Forum Expert
by kallis3 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:13 am
I quite agree - even if you haven't had your completion letter you are still bound by your IVA.

Did this caller say which company he was with and how much was owed? Don't hand a penny over and certainly report him to the police.
Forum Expert
by Foggy » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:34 am
Completely agree with the above --- Report this to the police as it is likely to be a scam. No Insolvency firm or reputable creditor would appear on your doorstep.

When did you pay the IVA off ? Do you have a completion certificate and are you still on the Insolvency Register ?

Another reason why they should not publish full details online !!
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:06 am
Sounds like a scam to me - report to police.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”