Well thank you Halifax!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
19 posts Page 1 of 2

ThriftyWitch

Post by ThriftyWitch » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:57 pm
Not a question this time, just wanted to praise Halifax for being the most supportive, helpful and kind out of all my phonecalls from creditors!

Hubby had a call from them last week and they were the same. Can't praise them enough. I simply explained the situation that we were going for an IVA, gave him all the relevant details and he totally understood, he has taken my name off so I don't get anymore calls and he said someone will phone back in about 10-14 days as a 'courtesy' call to see where we are at....amazing!...when I thanked him for being so understanding, he said that he had problems himself!...so Mr.Halifax call centre man, if you are reading then THANK YOU! makes it so much less stressful when people understand.[:D]
Trying to be thrifty!

ThriftyWitch

Post by ThriftyWitch » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:58 pm
...and have to add that Nat West were excellent with my hubby too, even apologisng profusly when they accidently called us back the following day![:D]
Trying to be thrifty!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:02 pm
Well done, makes a refreshing change.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

ThriftyWitch

Post by ThriftyWitch » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:07 pm
Sure does!, can foresee I may have trouble with Capitol One thouh based on two out of the three people from there I have spoken to so far, not knowing what an IVA was.
Trying to be thrifty!

ThriftyWitch

Post by ThriftyWitch » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:15 pm
....and now Nat West have just phoned me...transferring me from collections to recovery and will call at a later date (from recovery) to get the details!....this is all too good to be true, either that or I sound well 'ard on the phone hahaha!!![:D]
Trying to be thrifty!

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:44 pm
Great to hear!!

I have to say I don't rate Halifax at all. I had an account (current & 2 savings) wth them for over 15 years , added hubby when he had an IVA. When hubby was declared BR, Halifax were awful,froze the account straight away and the customer service was dismal to say the least. I would never bank with them again.

Natwest on the other hand have been fab.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:09 pm
Hi
It is good to hear
If someone has appointed a company to deal with their debts then a few weeks grace, to get the solution in place, would be very welcome.
Regards
Andam Davies

ThriftyWitch

Post by ThriftyWitch » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:16 pm
Shame to hear that Julie, I guess it depends on who you speak to, can't praise them enough at the moment though.
Glad to hear Nat West were fab too - they are our main creditor! [:D]

Totally agree Andy, its refreshing to speak to a human being and not a drone. At the end of the day we owe them money, we took the credit, we spent it and now we have to pay back as much as we can, fine by me if they are going to be sensible and listen to us. They have a job to do which pays their bills.

Very happy this evening, finally getting to the last few bits of paperwork we need and no real problems with any creditors understanding. Lets hope it continues and im not on here moaning in a few days about being harrassed![:D]
Trying to be thrifty!

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:22 pm
I'm glad Halifax have been supportive - I did have an apology after I complained ( I'm an expert at moaning [:D]).

You have the right, positive outlook ThriftyWitch.Fingers crossed your creditors will continue to be understanding xx

ThriftyWitch

Post by ThriftyWitch » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:30 pm
Aww thanks Julie, glad you had an apology, Im an expert moaner too so totally understand!

Fingers crossed too, hoping that I won't be crying my eyes out in a few days![:)]
Trying to be thrifty!

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:57 pm
The only tears we want are of relief [:D]

Anytime you need to "offload" use the forum. We've all been there etc xx

ThriftyWitch

Post by ThriftyWitch » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:57 pm
Thats lovely Julie, and thank you [:X]
Trying to be thrifty!

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:07 pm
Nice to hear a creditor being so understanding, makes me wish I had a debt with them instead[:D][:D]

I hope everything else goes a smoothly for you Thrifty.
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

ThriftyWitch

Post by ThriftyWitch » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:37 pm
Thank you Pandy, hope your Lloyds problem is better now.[:X]
Trying to be thrifty!

Simbel

Post by Simbel » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:51 pm
I too think Halifax are brilliant - they were the only ones who would let us open a bank account with them (we even had problems with the Co-op even though we don't have any debt with them). They were very understanding, the lady with whom we opened the bank account with understood exactly what was happening and she was very supportive. Even now when I go into the branch she always seems to make time to say hello and have a general chat about how things are going etc .... they have even tried to get me to open a full bank account with all the trimmings (the £5.00 back every month!) but I'm happy with my basic account thanks but no thanks!!
19 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”