Well thank you Halifax!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
19 posts Page 2 of 2

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:52 pm
he hasn't had a call since last Thursday but he has had 2 letters but they are just standard letters not specific to him, so fingers crossed.
Last edited by Pandy on Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

Simbel

Post by Simbel » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:53 pm
sorry about my last post - didn't have anything to do with bank accounts did it [:D] [:D] [:D] - sorry it was my birthday yesterda and I had a very late night/early morning (for me anyway) not quite with it today!![:D]

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:47 pm
Halifax are one of my main creditors, I owe money to them on three fronts.I have had no phone calls from them regarding the two largest debts, but the smallest debt which is the last four outstanding payments on a sixty month loan, they`ve pursued that quite vigorously leaving many, many messages on my answer phone and sending quite a few strongly worded letters.
Barclaycard and the Co-op have also been extremely `active` in their attempts to contact me.
Barclaycard recently put their debt collecting arm, Mercers, onto me. After reading some of the horror stories on here about said company, I decided to actually phone them. I explained that my proposal was just being finalised and so a creditors meeting date was imminent, and that they would obviously be contacted by my IP regarding this...The very pleasant lady I was speaking to thanked me for phoning and said she would update my details, I haven`t heard from them since (touch wood).
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

ThriftyWitch

Post by ThriftyWitch » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:05 pm
Happy Birthday for yesterday Simbel! Your post was relevant so don't worry! Glad you found good service to, a bit of naming and praising on the forum to boost the morale!

Pandy, thats good news hun, fingers crossed its quiet from now on!

Goosed, how bizarre they were fine with two debts but not with the other, again perhaps its who you get on the phone?!?, perhaps im getting lucky! Have heard bad things about Mercers as well, ive got debt with Barclaycard so am a bit concerned, however, im trying not to avoid talking to any of them, that way if anyone gets heavy I cna feel confident I have done my bit, seems like your letter was a good idea!
Trying to be thrifty!
19 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”