What are the caps for expenditure under IVA?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
jack
by jack » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:56 am
Where can I find out what the caps are for expenditures under an IVA. e.g. food, clothing, pet insurance etc?
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:00 am
Hi,

Put down what you spend and your IP will alter them if needs be.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:19 am
Don't know if it is still the case, but the Stepchange website used to give hints as you filled in the online I&E. But, as Kallis says, put down what you spend and the IP will adjust accordingly.
Mrs_Brown
by Mrs_Brown » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:21 pm
Stepchange do offer suggested amounts when putting a budget in. I didn't have a clue on a lot of things, such as clothing, as I was so used to not having any money left at all for anything other than bills and buying food on my credit card.
jack
by jack » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:34 am
jack wrote:
Where can I find out what the caps are for expenditures under an IVA. e.g. food, clothing, pet insurance etc?

Thank you for your replies.
I know the IP will make the adjustments being in my fourth year of my IVA.
What I"m asking is:- Where are the caps written down? Who sets them? Are they inflation linked?
Thanks
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:53 am
As Foggy says, you may find some on the Stepchange website but I don't think they have been updated in a while and I don't think they are linked to inflation.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:09 am
jack wrote:
jack wrote:

Thank you for your replies.
I know the IP will make the adjustments being in my fourth year of my IVA.
What I"m asking is:- Where are the caps written down? Who sets them? Are they inflation linked?
Thanks

The most commonly used are the ones produced by Stepchange ( still often referred to as the CCCS Guidelines ). The latest set I have is 2015 --- they are not generally published and are difficult to track down outside of the industry. They are revised in line with inflation periodically, although they do not seem to use the generally accepted inflation figures. However, at the end of the day they are only guidelines and are as open to tweaking by debtors as they are to creditors (who do often "tweak").
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”